Also see my post Cancer Prevention Foods and Spices. And search the United States government’s National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine web site and Mayo Clinc.
Daily anti-cancer foods and supplements:
1) I bought one pound of Organic Connections beet powder for $23.80. (That’s the best price I found).
– I take 1 tsp. of beet powder a day in a shake.
2) I bought one pound of Frontier brand organic turmeric powder for $11.80. (I shopped around and that’s the best price I found. You might get Organic Connections turmeric even cheaper.)
– I take 1 heaping teaspoon of turmeric powder a day in a shake.
3) I eat one ounce (28 to 30 grams) of dark chocolate every day. It has to be 70% or better. I most often eat 85%. But do not take it with milk. Milk inactivates the good ingredients in chocolate.
4) I have about 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh cabbage juice every day.
5) I eat spinach every day.
6) I eat cherries every day.
7) I drink a mug of green tea steeped for 15 minutes every day. You have to steep it for 15 minutes to get the most from it.
8 ) I try to eat a red apple almost every day.
9) I eat broccoli or cauliflower most days.
10) The only powdered “greens” I recommend in Canada is Progressive Nutritional PhytoBerry. It does not have the herbs and alfalfa found in many greens products these days. You should be able to purchase 900 grams (60 servings) of Progressive Phytoberry for $57 to $60. Shop around–the price varies. I like it a lot and have it 3 to 6 times a week.
When I am not taking PhytoBerry, I use Rainbow Vibrance Super Food
Also see cancur.org.